an overwhelmed mother's deadly mistake

I caught the end of this story on Oprah today - it's literally, I think, the worst thing that could happen to any parent, ever. A woman, Brenda Slaby, went to work one day and forgot that her little baby daughter was in the back seat. Her husband normally dropped the little one to the sitter, but this day he had a dentist's appointment, so their routine was thrown out. At 4pm, a co-worker alerted her to the fact that the baby was in the car, but by that point, she'd passed away. It's just the most heart-breaking thing, and I wonder how you ever bounce back from that? It makes you want to hug everyone you love. Puts things into perspective, when my biggest complaint is that my jeans fit a little more snug than I'd prefer. There but for the Grace of God..

0 comments: