what matters most?

It's the start of a new year so like a lot of people, I've been up to my elbows in stuff that would fall under the self-development category this week: getting my new diary up and running, "spring cleaning", making plans for 2012, setting some goals for the year ahead and thinking about potential holidays.

It's great fun and very motivational but sometimes, when you sit in that "forward planning" space for a little bit too long, you can become a tad obsessed slash one-track-minded. 

So this wonderful quote, posted by my friend Ben on his Facebook page today, was a perfectly timed reminder that there's more to life :)
“I suppose the thing I most would have liked to have known or be reassured about is that in the world, what counts more than talent, what counts more than energy or concentration or commitment or anything else is kindness." Stephen Fry

0 comments: