most powerful images of 2011

As the end of the year approaches, we tend to reflect on what has happened over the last 12 months. Buzz Feed recently released the 45 Most Powerful Images of 2011 and delivered a shocking reminder of how much tragedy has unfolded this year..

They're not all sad images, but I must admit I had shed a few years by the time I reached the end. Photo 30 (below) really punched me in the stomach, and made me want to sell everything I own to send the money to needy communities in South Africa. Instead, I pledged a monthly donation to UNICEF for their work fighting famine in Somalia and bought a few OXFAM Unwrapped Christmas gifts. It doesn't feel like enough. But in 2012, I will dedicate some time to figuring out how I can give back more.


On a lighter note, Buzzfeed also posted this collection of cute dogs... sure to put a smile on your dial!



Merry Christmas everyone!!

0 comments: