the right side of the bed

I totally woke up on the right side of the bed thismorning. I'm in such a good mood today, for no good reason. Score!

First of all, the sun is shining and it’s a beautiful day, which is the perfect antidote to months of dreary winter weather. Bring on Spring!

Then my husband made me breakfast: a soft boiled egg on wholegrain toast with a cup of tea, which was freaking delicious. Food tastes better when someone else makes it.

A few minutes ago I had a cuddle/play with my dogs Dre and Snoop, which is always uplifting.

I just returned from a holiday in NZ on Monday, and today I'm not only completely unpacked, but just moments ago I put on my fifth load of washing - and I hand-washed a silk top that I would ordinarily have dropped into my laundry basket, where it'd sit for several months, forgotten and neglected. It doesn't sound that gloat-worthy, I know, but this is a personal record for me - I usually live out of a suitcase for weeks after I return from a vacay!

And to top off my fab morning, I just picked up another freelance job. So September is now packed with assignments, and I didn't have to spend too much time chasing it all up. Pitching for work is my least favourite part of working for myself - as demonstrated above, I can be a little... "relaxed" in my approach to self-motivation!

Happy freaking Wednesday! Hope your day is just as good :)

0 comments: