Sunset on the roof

I have two very small, very cute shih-tzu cross dogs, and I live in a really cool building in Pyrmont that has a rooftop garden the size of a football field (literally) where they can roam and wee.

So I was walking the boys on the roof earlier this evening, just as the sun was starting to go down, and it was magic. The sky was cloudless and all pink and orange and deep blue, and the Anzac Bridge cut a striking figure against the bright colours. I could see the office lights starting to glimmer in the hi-rise buildings in the city and everything just looked really pretty.

It was one of those moments where you feel really peaceful and happy and content; I could see a plane in the distance, glistening in the sun, and it made me think about all of the fun travel adventures I've had over the years, and how many more adventures I have still ahead. It was just one of those awesome moments that made me feel hopeful and excited about life.

It was kinda short-lived; right then, my sweet blonde puppy Dre sauntered over, squatted happily and unleashed an excrement as large as his over-sized head. Seriously, it was human-sized - I don't know how a 5kg shih-tzu can poo that much. I laughed. He wagged his tail. It was still a lovely moment.

0 comments: